Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[Update] My mother [67F] trying to get me [31F] to reconnect with abusive sister [37F]

Previous post - - - https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5wefhj/i_30f_have_not_had_contact_with_my_abusive_sister/

tl;dr: I have a sister who tried to prostitute me in exchange for alcohol. I cut off contact with her. My parents, not knowing what has happened, are trying to push me to reconnect with her. I am a pregnant, emotional and anxious mess and really unsure how so handle this situation.

---------------------

Almost 2 years later from the original post, I have sent a clear message to my parents (particular my mother) in that time that the topic of my sister is not to be brought up with me and to respect that or I will hang up the phone and cease contact.

My husband and I now have a 14mo son, so my contact with my parents is primarily passing on photos of him, they have only visited once when he was a few weeks old and don't have any involvement with him whatsoever.

It's my wedding anniversary tomorrow and my mother has decided to send a card for us, but also include a sneaky 3 page letter inside detailing a recent trip where my sister visited my parents for a few days, photos of her kids etc etc - Then going on to say "Your sister doesn't understand why you won't talk to her" and "Don't you think it's time to end this quarrel?"

I am an anxious mess now. I am really upset as I feel like my mother KNOWS this is something I would just hang up on her, so she's been sneaky by sending me a letter instead. I feel like she's just bide her time until she felt things settled down again to try and bring it up once more.

I want am wanting to be completely avoidant of the situation - Cut off all contact. But then, I also feel like that'll fuel what I assume my sister's claim will be - something like "You see? She will just stop talking to you for no reason at all, this just shows I did nothing" etc etc

I KNOW my mother will not believe me over my sister - and I know that my sister will not take any accountability for her actions, she has been just 'playing dumb' these many years. So I feel like telling my parents about the truth won't help - she's gonna deny it, even if I go into specific details. She will just keep either playing dumb or denying involvement.

Side note - I've actually recently been diagnosed as autistic (which I've known for a while, but have a formal diagnosis now but haven't shared the news with my parents) and this whole thing feels so exceptionally draining. I also feel my mum is also VERY MUCH on the spectrum. She can be very naive, as well as always being very isolated in the small country town she lives in - She has no friends, I feel she's very easily manipulated - and I know my sister takes FULL advantage of that.



Submitted October 29, 2018 at 04:47PM by p9969063 https://ift.tt/2CQHlC0
[Update] My mother [67F] trying to get me [31F] to reconnect with abusive sister [37F] [Update] My mother [67F] trying to get me [31F] to reconnect with abusive sister [37F] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.