Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Friend of GF who is in love with her and hates me staying overnight in GF's uni room. Am I right to be uncomftable?

My girlfriend and I are both in uni, albeit different ones quite far away. She has a much bigger uni room than me with a sofa and double bed (this will be relevant later). It's about a 3 hour drive from our home city to her uni, so a reasonable distance. Most of our friends (we're in the same friend group) are going to uni closer to home so it's a bit out of the way to visit.

One of the people in our friend group is close friends with girlfriend, in fact, he's had a crush on her for a number of years and during the time we've been together he's discussed to another friend (one whom is closer to me than him) about how much he hates me and how in love with her he is and how he's going to do something about it soon, although he said that around 5 months ago and nothings happened).

So my dilemma is there's this friend who hates me, and I dislike him because of some of the things hes said about me and how I've always been nice to him. My girlfriend, who's been friends with him since early childhood has recently mentioned that he may be coming up to visit her and stay the night in her room since its larger than my other friend who's at that same uni's room.

Is it unreasonable for me to be uncomfortable with him staying over, knowing he is in love with my girlfriend and clearly has no respect for me? I get their close friends but I just feel annoyed by the idea of the situation. Plus I know that when he visits they'll go out for the night and they all drink quite a lot, as do I. But since alcohol gives people more confidence and lowers inhibitions I worry that when they're alone together back in her room he may try to make a move. I doubt anything would happen but it still rubs me the wrong way. My girlfriend has said if i don't like it then he can stay with our other friend and sleep on the floor of his room, but that makes me feel like the bad guy and I don't want to come across as possessive or anything. It's just some of the things hes said in the past to another friend about taking action over his love really piss me off.

TL;DR - girlfriend said male friend, whom is in love with her and hates me may be staying overnight with her in her uni room, likely that they'll be drinking before going back to her room. Am I right to feel uncomfortable?



Submitted October 30, 2018 at 07:10PM by LogInToReditUsername https://ift.tt/2RozPlG
Friend of GF who is in love with her and hates me staying overnight in GF's uni room. Am I right to be uncomftable? Friend of GF who is in love with her and hates me staying overnight in GF's uni room. Am I right to be uncomftable? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.