Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[Update] Dumping her [26/F] for failing to believe me [25/M] about being sick?

Link

People wanted an update. So, here it is. It’s short.

I was still pretty burned after I posted here but knew we had to speak. Despite my protests and the time we had set, she was at my door when I got home and sort of popped out and scared the shit out of me. She had her arms of full things - chocolates, a video game, a card, beer and dinner. You guys were right, her family thing meant that she just never thought people could truly be sick or that it’d just have a fast onset like kidney stones. She apologized and almost wouldn’t let me get a word in edgewise. She read from her phone and had typed out a lot of notes in her phone including why it was a mistake for me to dump her. I told her how upset I was and just how bad things were at the hospital and why I was mad. She kept saying she was sorry and promised to deal with her problems.

She revealed she texted her therapist about what happened and they had a meeting before she met up with me. He gave her some strategies and offered advice and things to say.

She came with the right answers and seems to think it’s a big deal. She didn’t ask for an apology and dropped that subject altogether. She camped out at my apartment all weekend so that I wouldn’t change my mind and hung around with my friends when they came over. She was apologetic all weekend and took it upon herself to “take care of me” to make up for when she wasn’t there. It was a bit strange but I didn’t protest a lazy weekend as I still didn’t feel 100% so her laying around was fine. By the end of the weekend I wasn’t chapped anymore and was fine to move on with life. She kept asking if we were okay and I must have reassured her a quarter of a million times.

My brother came by randomly to bust my balls about a kidney stone and to subtly try and steal beer. He saw my GF and busted her balls and she played along and thanked him for taking me to the hospital. He attempted to get compensating from her in the form of assistance with his chores, but she danced around that. She was worried my family hates her but I didn't really give them a full rundown so they didn't really know how peeved I was.

Things seem okay for now. I'm going to be watchful and make sure the behavior doesn't crop up anymore. But everything seems okay.

Thanks for all your advice.

tl;dr she apologized unreservedly and didn't ask for one in return. She brought gifts and we talked it out. Then she wouldn't leave all weekend to make sure I wouldn't change my mind. Everything seems okay.


tl;dr: Mandatory summary/question!



Submitted October 29, 2018 at 10:15AM by ElectricalNobody6 https://ift.tt/2ENXdaV
[Update] Dumping her [26/F] for failing to believe me [25/M] about being sick? [Update] Dumping her [26/F] for failing to believe me [25/M] about being sick? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.