Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I’m (26F) having trouble forgiving my parents (61F, 62M) for making me have a relationship with my abusive brother

My parents have been fantastic, understanding, loving parents in every way but one.

My oldest brother has been physically abusive through my childhood and into adulthood. He’s got anger issues and sometimes, out of nowhere? He’s beat the living crap out of me. The only reason it stopped was because I moved far away.

I have PTSD from his attacks. I can’t be in the same room with him without having a panic attack. Yet, my parents still pressure me to attend family events with him and even go to his wedding.

My parents call me every day. Right now, I can’t answer their calls. I’ve been honest with them about my feelings and I truly feel that my brother has ruined my life because PTSD and depression have effected all my relationships.

They bribed me to have my brother at my own wedding, and it was at the expense of my comfort. After my own wedding, I told them again that I need to heal and that means never being around my brother.

My parents still call. And make plans that brings our whole family together. They don’t give me a break. I’m tired of explaining how badly I hurt from this. I’m so exhausted trying to heal from this pain.

I want to forgive them. I want to move on with my life. It seems impossible when though they acknowledge what I loved through, they don’t support my boundaries or give me space. How do I have a good relationship with my parents and stop being angry? What ways can I communicate more clearly?

*I will add that I have been in therapy for over a decade. So, I am always working on feeling better.

Tl;dr Parents won’t stop forcing me to be around physically abusive brother.



Submitted October 30, 2018 at 10:21PM by trashtowns https://ift.tt/2JwFq6Y
I’m (26F) having trouble forgiving my parents (61F, 62M) for making me have a relationship with my abusive brother I’m (26F) having trouble forgiving my parents (61F, 62M) for making me have a relationship with my abusive brother Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.