Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[Update] Still angry over dirtbag ex?

Original post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/9fp63b/still_angry_over_my_dirtbag_ex/?utm_source=reddit-android

Basically the OP was just a rant about how I(20F) was feeling very angry and spiteful about having dated someone terrible (20M).

It was actually my first reddit post so I failed big time with the formatting and the whole post was just one large paragraph. (I've since edited it a little more nicely.)

Anyways I just wanted to share an update if there's anyone out there in a similar situation.

My previous post didn't even scratch the surface of how terrible my ex was. I still find myself getting these unpleasant flashbacks of all the nasty things I let happen to me. My first thought is always "how on earth did I spend so much time with someone so terrible?" and then I find myself angry and hating him. However, I've now started quickly jumping to my second thought which is, "I never have to deal with this terrible person again" and then I just feel relieved and grateful towards the amazing people I have in my life.

I am getting quicker with switching to the positive thoughts every time I look back in hatred. Very soon I think I will find myself not looking back at all.

I thought those bitter emotions would always be a part of me, but in such a short time they've managed to dissipate so quickly.

Thank you so much to everyone for your honest, straight forward advice.

Tldr: I am not such an angry lady anymore and I am instead thankful for good people still in my life rather than be angry at bad people I got rid of.



Submitted October 31, 2018 at 05:26AM by uglypolaroid https://ift.tt/2yGg7e7
[Update] Still angry over dirtbag ex? [Update] Still angry over dirtbag ex? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.