Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I [29F] with chronic autoimmune health problems tactfully deal with people who ask if I'm "better yet?"

I let a short friendship lapse recently due to my friend's being all over the place (flaking then getting mad and possessive about me hanging out with other friends, etc).

But I was at a loss with how to deal with some of her comments, and I want to know how to handle this in the future.

She wanted to go to an exercise class for our weekly get-together, and after trying out the class a couple of times and feeling awful after each time, I realized it was not for me. (I have autoimmune problems: arthritis and Crohns, and the exercise class was making my joints hurt and making me have to run back home before I crapped my pants.)

I tried to explain to her tactfully what was going on. But then she started asking me each day if I was "better yet" and could come to the exercise class. I kept trying to explain to her that my health issues are a lifetime thing, and we could hang out still but it would have to be less active.

The friendship kind of dissolved after that, and it was for the best, I think. But for the future, how can I explain my limitations more effectively to new friends? Or do you think it was less an issue of understanding and more a sign of a selfish friend with her wanting to do what she wanted to do, my health problems be damned?

tl;dr - I'm feeling bad about my health problems after friend wasn't respecting my limitations.



Submitted October 28, 2018 at 12:18PM by 2creepy4me2handle https://ift.tt/2yE5RmX
How do I [29F] with chronic autoimmune health problems tactfully deal with people who ask if I'm "better yet?" How do I [29F] with chronic autoimmune health problems tactfully deal with people who ask if I'm "better yet?" Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 29, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.