Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (27M) parents (50) are pushy about me working for them for free. I don’t wanna do it

Throwaway.

I am a real estate agent and my wife is a mortgage broker. My parents own a house that they wish to sell and purchase a new home. We have a close, great relationship but this whole thing is starting to put a strain on our relationship. They haven’t had any contact with real estate since they purchased their current home 25 years ago. A lot has changed since, which is why they ask a million questions. At first, I would casually answer because whatever. But then they started asking for more detailed info, including asking me to look up homes for sale in the area. I explained this is something THEIR realtor will do for them, at which point they go “oh, what do you mean? You’re not going to be our realtor?”. No. I know my parents and working as their realtor is really the last thing on my list. They are picky, perfectionists, and overall annoying when it comes to purchases (I witnessed them buying a car). God help the agent that will work with them. They are literally the type of clients realtors badmouth. On top of that, they are expecting me to sell their house for ZERO commission on my side because “we’re family” and also to help them buy the new house. That whole thing will make me waste around 60-80 hours for precisely $0. Our market is hot and I have lots of work to do, work that actually pays me.

They also approached my wife about getting the house loan but she had the inspiration to say that due to their personal relationship she can’t be their mortgage officer. Unfortunately, there is no laws in our state forbidding a realtor from serving family. I explained to them that I don’t have the time to do it, I don’t work for free, and that I can refer them to another agent. They got upset and said I don’t care about them and “that commission is worth more than family”. In this case, yeah, because I could spend those hours making a pretty nice commission instead of doing charity work for them. They are being pissy and childish about it. How do I get out of this?

TL;DR: my parents want me do sell and buy a house for them. I don’t want to do it



Submitted October 31, 2018 at 01:24PM by realtorforreal8 https://ift.tt/2Sy2Nkp
My (27M) parents (50) are pushy about me working for them for free. I don’t wanna do it My (27M) parents (50) are pushy about me working for them for free. I don’t wanna do it Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.