Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (33F) good friend (43F) does not like that I'm pregnant. How do I approach her about some limitations my pregnancy will have on an upcoming girls' trip?

TL;DR - Good friend is very disappointed I'm pregnant, saying so to my face and to others. I've been trying not to change much/let my pregnancy disrupt our usual activities in an effort to preserve our friendship. But now I have doctor's orders not to ski on an upcoming trip we had planned before I found out I was pregnant and need to break it to her that while I fully intend on going, I can't ski. How do I break it to her? I shouldn't put too much stock in her reaction, right?

So my friend Ann and I have been good friends for about 5 years. She is single (and mostly happy with being so) and childless (definitely by choice). I am about halfway through my first pregnancy and we are set to go on an annual girls' trip at the end of the month that we take each year with another friend. The trip largely involves drinking wine and going skiing, although we usually go to a spa and fancy restaurants too. I have always planned on going and while I would never say this to her, I will admit that I'm not excited about it this year because I can't drink, travelling the long distance will be uncomfortable for me, and now I've found out from the doctor that I should absolutely not be skiing. However, I'm still going. I just can't ski and haven't told her this yet because I'm afraid of her reaction. To give you a sense of what I'm up against...When I told her I was pregnant she told me how disappointed she was. I have heard from other people that she's told them I'm pregnant and then immediately expressed her disappointment to them. She also refuses to ask me any questions about the baby or even listen if I bring it up, so I don't.

A couple of other pieces - there is another girl going who can ski, so it's actually only me missing out on part of the trip; it wouldn't affect Ann. I would venture to guess that she's disappointed because I was one of her last friends who had the same lifestyle as her (single, unmarried) until recently.

My question is, how do I break this to her? In person? Over email? And how do I handle her almost certain disappointment that borders on a rude disregard for my baby? Any tips?



Submitted October 29, 2018 at 11:00AM by SpiritedAstronomer2 https://ift.tt/2yG7zny
My (33F) good friend (43F) does not like that I'm pregnant. How do I approach her about some limitations my pregnancy will have on an upcoming girls' trip? My (33F) good friend (43F) does not like that I'm pregnant. How do I approach her about some limitations my pregnancy will have on an upcoming girls' trip? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.