Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Is it really that unhealthy for me [30F] to keep a journal of rants?

I don't really have any girl friends or friends in general that I feel comfortable talking to about my bf [30M] when I'm frustrated. Even if I did, I don't think I'd want to complain about him to other people. Instead, what I've been doing is writing in a journal as a way to get my ranting and frustrations out. It's just a OneNote notebook that I have online.

It's my way of dealing with the times that I am angry. I write about it without having to censor myself, and through the process of reading and writing more, I calm down (also because time has passed). By the end of it, I come out with something more logical that I can say to my bf. "When you did X, I felt Y because Z. Here is solution A that I think could help prevent this in the future." Instead of, "why do you always have to do this, you never care about me, etc" and things that might not be true because I'm upset. I'm frustrated and annoyed but it's never like I'm so angry I'm going to punch a wall.

He saw an entry. It wasn't particular bad or anything, but he told me it's weird I keep a journal of all that. Like I'm collecting evidence or something. I guess I keep the entries because sometimes I like to read old ones. It's interesting for me to see my thought process and how it has changed in the moment. He said it's unhealthy and that I should just be able to tell him things. Sometimes I feel like I'd end up nagging him if I did that.

FWIW, I also write about my day and interactions I have with other people, both good and bad.

Tl;dr: bf found a journal I keep where I basically rant about him because I need to get my emtions out before I talk to him. He says it's unhealthy .I think it's better we talk when I'm more.lebelheaded than to force me to talk when I'm still upset.



Submitted October 30, 2018 at 07:01AM by faintfascination https://ift.tt/2zdVs0M
Is it really that unhealthy for me [30F] to keep a journal of rants? Is it really that unhealthy for me [30F] to keep a journal of rants? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.