Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (28F) good friend of 10 years (28M) suddenly cut all contact with me 'out of respect for his new relationship' and I am worried about him.

TL;DR: Friend of 10 years emails me out of the blue to cut contact with me and proceeds to block me on all apps/social media, mutual friends are also surprised and are worried about him.

I have a good friend I met in college who I still keep in contact with fairly regularly through text and social media although we don't live close enough anymore to allow for visits with any kind of frequency.

In college as many people do we fooled around once shortly after we had met at a party and nothing more came of it, the following day we both agreed we weren't interested in each other and that was the last we spoke about it. We went on to become good friends and shared a large circle of friends we would hang out with throughout our college years and beyond. In more recent years as things go we have now more distance between the group but we still send each other birthday greetings and holiday cards, have been to weddings as they have come up, and generally still been in regular contact.

I last talked to this guy about 10 days ago when he text to tell me how excited he was about a job offer he just received. We chatted for a while and shared some news with each other and that was that, a regular conversation. We're both in relationships, he started seeing a girl a few months ago and I have a long-term boyfriend.

Two days ago he sent me an email with no subject line that had only two sentences:

"Hi PatientHamster, I'm letting you know that I do not wish to keep contact with you any longer. Out of respect for my new relationship I can't maintain contact with people I have slept with in the past."

He has since blocked me on all social media, blocked my phone number on the messaging apps we use, and presumably has blocked my email address although I have no way to know that.

I talked to one of our friends about it who is still quite close to him and visits him a couple times a year and he is just as surprised as I am. He sent him a message just to have a chat and he has yet to reply, which is really unusual. Then we found out from another friend that he cancelled his RSVP to their wedding next March but didn't give a reason. Now he's feeling worried about him too. Neither of us are really sure what to do, or if it's even any of our business, I'm just so surprised by what's happened when we went 10 years without it being an issue, or maybe that's not even the issue and it's just an excuse. Either way it's really strange behaviour for him, what should we do?



Submitted October 31, 2018 at 08:48AM by PatientHamster https://ift.tt/2QgPQd6
My (28F) good friend of 10 years (28M) suddenly cut all contact with me 'out of respect for his new relationship' and I am worried about him. My (28F) good friend of 10 years (28M) suddenly cut all contact with me 'out of respect for his new relationship' and I am worried about him. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.