Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My Mom (50sF) is trying to "sabotage" potential Christmas plans with my (22F) boyfriend (26M)?

My boyfriend and I have been going out for over a year now. We are currently in a LDR (4000+ miles) and see each other about every two months. My boyfriend came to visit me in my home country recently for the first time and I took him home to my parents who he got on well with.

While he was here, we started floating the idea of him coming over for Christmas (if the money wasn't too excessive) as it is a time where we are both free. Christmas is also a very important holiday for my family (for non-religious reasons) and it feels wrong not to include someone who I am so close to in these events.

Before we started to proceed with any plans, I asked my Mom if she thought he should come, and she enthusiastically stated that he was welcome to visit any time and had an open invitation to visit. However, privately now my Mom has not said anything about him not being allowed to come, but keeps saying passive aggressive things like "you're nagging him about coming for the holiday" and "your father and I didn't spend Christmas together until the 8th year we were together and we were engaged."

Is she just trying to tell me he's not welcomed indirectly? Or does she think this relationship is moving too quickly? Is it normal to spend Christmas together after over a year of dating or is she right and this is all way too quick?

Any advice would be greatly appreciate.

TL;DR: Mom originally invited my boyfriend for Christmas but is now being passive aggressive about it. What is she really trying to say?



Submitted October 29, 2018 at 10:44PM by cyanplum https://ift.tt/2Swk0ec
My Mom (50sF) is trying to "sabotage" potential Christmas plans with my (22F) boyfriend (26M)? My Mom (50sF) is trying to "sabotage" potential Christmas plans with my (22F) boyfriend (26M)? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 30, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.