Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (23f) boyfriend (29m) starts and escalates feuds with our neighbors

My boyfriend has a temper, and it extends to situations beyond just the neighbors but this is the best concrete example I can give for this problem. He gets very worked up and agitated by small offenses of others, which is one thing, but he is also not shy about expressing it which is embarrassing at times. Examples include calling out a lady who had a full cart of groceries in the “express lane,” road rage/tailgating/flipping drivers off, and other small things like this.

A neighbor at our old place didn’t pick up after his dogs, and my boyfriend began by trying to talk to him about it, but when that didn’t stop he picked up the poop and flung it on the guys porch and on the guys motorcycle. We have since moved but not after a lot of awkward tension with our neighbors. Now at our new place he has started another feud. A guy down the street walks his dog off leash, and he again tried to tell him to stop before things escalated, but I will mention that when he said he “talked” to them the tone is most likely aggressive/confrontational, and this most recent time with the off leash guy my boyfriend was a little drunk when they talked. I don’t think he’s being as amicable as he thinks he is. Anyways the guy was walking his dog again off leash and my boyfriend confronted him and yelled. He says he’s going to print a stack of leash laws for our city and throw them on his porch (notice a trend)

I am a non-confrontational person and understand not everyone is this way, and its not that these neighbors aren’t in the wrong, I think my boyfriend is correct their behavior is stupid. Its just his reaction and emotional response to me is over the top. He was in a furious mood all morning, snapping at me and being crabby because of the fight with the neighbor. I also feel really awkward walking around knowing theres a feud going on and dont know whether I’m supposed to act cold to this guy as well. I tel him I support him because I dont want to catch any of the heat and feel like its my job as his gf. But I don’t understand why he can’t just let this stuff go? Am I being unfair and his reactions are within normal and acceptable? I need some perspective.

TL;DR Boyfriend gets very angry when neighbors act in a way he doesn’t like and responds in way I think is over the top and gets very worked up and agitated over it. Don’t know whether I should continue to keep my mouth shut or try to curb this for the sake of peace in the neighborhood

Edit: forgot to say we’ve been together a bit over a year. Also in response to a couple of comments he has never turned this anger against me in this same aggressive way, and for some reason our arguments or every day things I do that annoy him don’t trigger his temper the same way strangers do, but I will be on high alert for signs of him turning on me as others suggest.



Submitted October 30, 2018 at 09:09AM by darma_queen https://ift.tt/2yGtsDc
My (23f) boyfriend (29m) starts and escalates feuds with our neighbors My (23f) boyfriend (29m) starts and escalates feuds with our neighbors Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.