Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (f21) Boyfriend (m24) feels entitled because he has a job.

I've been living with my boyfriend about 3 years now. We both work (I'm 8-5, he's 9-6). He does tires and I install signage and vehicle graphics.

I do all housework except dishes, which is his job. I spend my entire weekend cleaning the house because he destroys it during the week, if there is one plate in the sink he will wash it and then he goes off to enjoy his weekend. He believes that because his job is more physical than mine, he does not have to clean or take care of our pets. He also says he doesn't know how to clean, but I keep showing him how in detail.

He expects dinner ready when he gets home but complains about it. If I don't get his laundry done by Monday he complains about it. But when I asked him a few weeks ago if we could split the housework so I can have free time on the weekend he started yelling and throwing things because he "doesn't have time". He also says it's so easy and he doesn't get why I complain, but mostly I just want my life back. I want to visit my mom and go for drives and see friends.

I had a meltdown on Saturday because it occurred to me that he won't change and as long as I'm with him my time is of no value, and I'll never have the time to pursue my own interests the way he does.

We got a puppy recently. He begged for days and days so we went over what I need from him as far as caretaking and responsibilities and he promised me he would do it all. He hasn't done a single thing. He went back on every promise and now I have even more on my plate. He won't even drive up the road from his work at lunch to let her out so I do it, and I work out of town.

I'm almost just venting at this point. Anybody else in this position before? How can we work this out? How can I get him to see me as a whole person and not just the maid?

TLDR: Boyfriend believes he doesnt have to do anything at home because he works harder than me. He thinks housework is for women and does not value my time as he values his own.



Submitted October 31, 2018 at 08:27AM by Throwawaylqwertyuiop https://ift.tt/2DfmARh
My (f21) Boyfriend (m24) feels entitled because he has a job. My (f21) Boyfriend (m24) feels entitled because he has a job. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 31, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.