Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

It has been difficult for my girlfriend (26F) to fully accept my (30M) lack of spiritual beliefs

We've been dating for about two years now. I'd say that our relationship is great. We share many ideas, get along pretty well and we really love each other. That is indeed the first time on my life that I got involved with someone at such deep level, to the point that many relatives and friends would say that our relationship is to be enviable. However, there has been one source of disagreement that will always gets her sad, my spiritual views.

I'm atheist and I have a hard time believing on anything spiritual related. It's not like that am sure that such things don't exist, but it's not something I could start believing out of the blue without any solid evidence. Such spiritual beliefs, however, are a huge part of my girlfriends' life and she will always get sad knowing that I can't offer any support on that matter.

She says she has accepted it and is willing to overlook this difference because, as I said, we get along pretty well. But every now and then she says that I should be open to this kind of experience, saying that I'm too rational and actually implying that this rationality is the source of my "pessimistic" view of the world. I love her and respect her views. I know that she feels the same but I also know that she will always get sad knowing that I can't offer this spiritual support.

I'd like to hear some advice on how to proceed. I know I probably won't change my mind about it and am pretty sure she won't as well. I also know that we probably won't break up because of it but it's gonna be tough to handle such a situation every time she talks about how sad she feels that "I don't believe in anything".

tldr: Girlfriend gets sad knowing that I can't offer any spiritual support as am atheist.



Submitted October 27, 2018 at 07:28AM by afoliveira https://ift.tt/2qfk45e
It has been difficult for my girlfriend (26F) to fully accept my (30M) lack of spiritual beliefs It has been difficult for my girlfriend (26F) to fully accept my (30M) lack of spiritual beliefs Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 27, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.