Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My sister (31f) is being very controlling of me (16m). How can I get her to stop?

Hello everyone,

For some context, my older sister (31f) got custody of me (16m) after our parents passed away in a car accident about 5 or 6 years ago. Ever since then, my sister and her husband have tried their best to fill the void that our mom and dad left. I appreciate some of the things they've done, but it just doesn't feel the same.

What frustrates me about her though, is that she's so controlling and treats me like a little kid. She feels like she needs to intervene in every little part of my life. For example, she doesn't allow me to play video games like call of duty, battlefield, grand auto theft, etc. for "being too violent." My sister has also thrown away my favorites shirts and prevented me from buying others that she's doesn't like. On some other occasions, she's cancelled my plans with my friends just to make me babysit her kids.

Worst of all, she's trying to prevent me from accomplishing my goals after graduation. After I'm out of high school, I want to join the marines. Just like my dad and his dad/my grandpa. This is something I've dreamed about, since I was in kindergarten. However, my sister thinks that will destroy my life. According to her, not only would a military life risk my mental health and safety, but it also will prevent me from having a meaningful relationship with my future family.

We've had so many fights over this. In our arguments, she has made it clear that as long as she's around, she will never allow me to be a marine. It's my future, and I feel like I can do whatever I want with it.

How can I get her to stop micromanaging me and dictating my future? Any help will be appreciated.

TL:DR: My older sister (who is also my adoptive mother) is trying to lord over my life. How can I assert myself against her?



Submitted December 01, 2021 at 06:00PM by Agile_Virus3258 https://ift.tt/3xIZCvp
My sister (31f) is being very controlling of me (16m). How can I get her to stop? My sister (31f) is being very controlling of me (16m). How can I get her to stop? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 02, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.