Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Sister constantly breaking lockdown rules. Just need to vent/some advice

For some context, I'm from the UK, 25 years old, currently staying with my parents, and my sister is 18.

From the day lockdown was announced my sister insisted on bending the rules for herself. She convinced our parents to let her boyfriend stay with us while he was still working and they went out every day in his car, to the shops, to go to the park, whatever. About a month into lockdown she then went to stay with her boyfriend at his house, and went to a couple of bbq parties. The day after the pubs reopened they met up with a group of friends and went shopping, went to the beach, a theme park, and an arcade. She's been out to see her friends every day since.

If I bring any of this into question with her or my parents I get yelled at and told it's none of my business. She's a type 2 diabetic. My grandfather tested positive for covid and a few weeks later, once the damage had been done to his body, they basically sent him home to die. I watched him pass away in front of me. My aunt was in intensive care with it for weeks too. I would say this is my fucking business?

I feel like I'm trapped here, for now at least. I don't understand why everyone is letting her get away with all of this? If anything they are encouraging her; my mum is still giving her money for all these outings. I honestly feel so gaslit and isolated all of the time, but if I leave to stay with a friend right now they will call me hypocrite. I just need to vent. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

TL;DR Sister has broken lockdown rules since it started. If I try to bring it up I get shouted down by my whole family. Feeling trapped in this house atm and I don't know what to do.



Submitted July 07, 2020 at 12:03PM by trvnsitgloria https://ift.tt/38yaTSG
Sister constantly breaking lockdown rules. Just need to vent/some advice Sister constantly breaking lockdown rules. Just need to vent/some advice Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 07, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.