Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Bf (26) gave me (29f) a thoughtless birthday gift that made me feel like he doesn't know me at all

Background info: I'm (29) in a LDR with my boyfriend (26) of two years. He moved to another country for school last fall, which i encouraged him to do.

My bf and I have very different tastes and interests, but we've always loved being together regardless. I feel like i have a really good understanding of the kinds of things he likes and I thought the reverse was true. We've also been struggling with our LDR for a few reasons - so far we've only been able to see each other once since the move, and now with this pandemic idk when we'll be able to be together again. I'm having a really hard time seeing all my friends progressing in their relationships while mine feels stuck waiting for us to be together. We talk every day, but it doesn't always feel like we're saying much.

Last month was my birthday. I wasn't really expecting a lot, seeing as we're in different countries. I'm generally not that big on gifts in the first place, but in the past he's given me some very sweet and thoughtful gifts that I appreciated. But for some reason this year, he told me that I'm "hard to shop for" and therefore he was just getting me a Target gift card. I thought he was joking - he used to love messing with me (which drove me crazy) by calling me after work when he was supposed to come over and saying that he missed my exit and was almost all the way at his own apartment, then showing up at mine. So I kind of thought, "okay, he's just goofing around and he's probably sending me something else." But when the gift card arrived, I felt really let down.

I don't want to seem ungrateful, but it just felt so thoughtless. It made me feel like he didn't know me at all that he couldn't think of a single other thing that I might like besides a gift card to the place where I buy my groceries. It really hurt my feelings. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to seem ungrateful, but it's really bugging me and has me wondering if he really "gets" me. I'm not sure how to bring it up or what to say. All feedback is appreciated, thanks.

Tl;dr - my long distance boyfriend of 2 years bought me a target gift card for my birthday and it makes me feel like he doesn't know me at all.



Submitted July 26, 2020 at 11:22AM by throwaway_stitch https://ift.tt/2D4mSf0
Bf (26) gave me (29f) a thoughtless birthday gift that made me feel like he doesn't know me at all Bf (26) gave me (29f) a thoughtless birthday gift that made me feel like he doesn't know me at all Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.