Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

How do I (23M) nicely tell my Gf (19F) that I don’t like her best friend (19M) and that I don’t want to be around him?

I love my GF (We’ll call her Tiffany). She’s the best thing that’s ever happened to me. We’ve been dating since last November. We met at a halloween costume contest the student council at my community college was hosting. I was the floating shopping list from spongebob. I complimented her Alice in Wonderland costume, she asked what I was. From there a conversation started, we really hit it off. We ended up exchanging numbers. She’s the best girl I ever dated and I feel like she’s the one. My family and friends love her. Her family and friends love me,except for one person, her best friend (who we’ll call Jake.)

Tiffany was super excited for Jake and I to meet. She said we have alot of the same interests and acted similar. The first time I met him was with Tiffany at her house. He was cool for the most part. I forgot that I told a coworker that I’d take his shift, so I was gonna have to leave early. I gave him a bye, then Tiffany kissed me goodbye. The look on his face when he saw that looked like he was angry. As I was leaving I hear him say “if I was Tiffany’s boyfriend I would make sure to spend all my free time with her and not abandon her on a date.” That’s when I first noticed something was weird with him.

As I spent more and more time with my Tiffany, getting to know her and her friends better, it became obvious that Jake liked her, like alot. He probably has liked her for a long time, maybe since they first met. I asked her older sis (24F) if I was being paranoid and she told me “no, he likes her alot. She just hasn’t noticed. I don’t think she ever will because she only sees him as a friend.” Ever since then I’ve been wary about them hanging out. I trust her, I’m scared he might try to do something. Also he’s become more of an asshole towards me. Here are some examples:

  • Gave Jake a ride to school once and he said “a 2005 Honda Civic is kind of old lol. Why don’t you upgrade to something newer? Is it money issues?” I really considered stopping the car and kicking him out. His parents pay for everything he needs.

  • Whenever Tiffany posts pics of us together on facebook Jake usually comments something along the lines of “remember when we did this together?” But if it’s pics of her hanging out with other friends, he doesn't comment on anything

  • Jake once said this about a class he was failing. It was “I really need to pass this class. I don't want to be here when I’m 23. Talk about failing in life.” when I asked him what’s that supposed to mean, he played it off as “a joke.”

  • Originally Tiffany, me, some of her friends and some of my friends were gonna go to AKON this year (anime convention in DFW, Corona said naw). Some of us were gonna cosplay. I was gonna go as Yugi from Yugioh, Tiffany was undecided, so was Jake. Then Tiffany decides she’s gonna go as Hinata from Naruto. A short while after, Jake conveniently decides that he’s gonna go as Naruto from Naruto. Naruto and Hinata are married in the show. He even said “man I hope nobody at the convention thinks Tiffany and I are dating lol.”

  • One day Tiffany was really upset at him and I asked her why. Apparently they were looking at a meme with Chris Hanson and Jake made the remark “wouldn’t be surprised if Lo-Fi_Kuzco was caught on the show.” When Tiffany asked Jake why, he said “I mean y’all started dating when you were 18, that’s a little suspicious.” (She was 18 when we met, I was 22. Her birthday is in January, mine is in March.) Tiffany went off on him. Said that “she’s an adult who can make her own decisions. That it’s wrong for him to imply that. Also that Jake was very supportive of his 29 year old brother marrying a 21 year old. He’s being an asshole and he needs to apologize to me and then her.” He eventually did a few days later, but it felt insincere. Ngl, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside to hear Tiffany defend me like that.

  • Jake does post alot of “nice guys finish last” stuff on his facebook.

This Saturday Tiffany invited me to Jake’s apartment cuz he just got Justice League Dark: Apokolips War and they’re gonna marathon all the DC Animated movies and end it with that one. (Jake actually only invited Tiffany. She invited others via the group chat we’re all in. He was annoyed she did that.) There’s no way I can stand being around him for that long.

I’ve been thinking about telling her for awhile now. How I feel about him, and how he treats me, but they’ve been friends for 10 years. Tiffany and I haven’t even been dating for 1 year. I just don’t want to make it seem like I’m tryna break up their friendship. Maybe I'm just overreacting but this is honestly the best relationship I’ve ever been in, and I don’t want to ruin it.

TL;DR

My girlfriend's best friend obviously likes her and he’s a dick to me and very petty about it. Want to tell her how I feel about him, but they’re friendship is 10 years long and we’ve only been dating for about 8 months. This saturday we’re supposed to hang out at his apartment, but I can’t stand being around him that long. Don’t want to look like I’m trying to destroy their friendship, I really like her and this is the best relationship I’ve been in.



Submitted July 28, 2020 at 04:24PM by Lo-Fi_Kuzco https://ift.tt/39zFkIF
How do I (23M) nicely tell my Gf (19F) that I don’t like her best friend (19M) and that I don’t want to be around him? How do I (23M) nicely tell my Gf (19F) that I don’t like her best friend (19M) and that I don’t want to be around him? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.