Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I[22F] have my ex boyfriend's [23M] deceased mother's bracelet and it's been 8 years since we broke up.

Original post:

My first proper relationship took place in high school. My boyfriend was 15 and I was 14. My boyfriend's mom had died a few years ago, presumably in his early teens, but I'd never asked.

On one particularly memorable evening during the school festival, he gave me a bracelet that he said belonged to his mother. It's nothing fancy, just a bunch of wooden beads strung together, but it looked like it meant a lot to him.

I took it, in the heat of the moment, and I wore it until he graduated and we broke up. The thing is, it wasn't a nice breakup. There was a lot of anger, and I eventually cut off all contact with him.

Now that it's been a while, the fact that I still have this bracelet is starting to weigh on my mind. I know it meant a lot to him, because you can't lie about something like that, and he was pretty serious when he gave it to me. I can't imagine he wouldn't like it back, given what it means to him.

I don't know if I should track him down online and figure a way to get it back to him, because on the very slight off chance that he's forgotten about it, I might come across as the deranged and desperate ex that's holding a candle to a long dead relationship.

What do you guys think I should do?

Tldr: my high school ex gave me his deceased mom's bracelet 8 years ago and I still have it. Do I return it to him after all this time or would he have forgotten about it?

[[UPDATE!!!!]]

So I went ahead and did it. I bit the bullet. I texted him. It took three agonising days for him to reply, but he did, and it couldn't have turned out better!

He told me to keep it, because he wanted me to have it. And that he'd looked me up online before (I don't have much of a presence online), but couldn't find me.

And now we're talking! And my heart feels much lighter, so thank you all for the advice!

Thank you!

Today's looking up 😁

Peace.

Tldr: I contacted my ex after 8 years to try to return a bracelet that belonged to his mom, and he told me to keep it, and we are now on talking terms!



Submitted July 30, 2020 at 08:44PM by Mokonaaa https://ift.tt/39Fc8ju
I[22F] have my ex boyfriend's [23M] deceased mother's bracelet and it's been 8 years since we broke up. I[22F] have my ex boyfriend's [23M] deceased mother's bracelet and it's been 8 years since we broke up. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.