Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me (26F) and my bf (26M) are planning to get married but soon to be MIL won't give her blessing unless I changed religion

Okay, this is my first time here. Please help.

So me and my bf met online last year (February or March), hit it off pretty quick (officially dating on May) and currently living together (since September).

We are actually live in a country where living together is kinda a taboo, so we decided to save money to get married at the latest in 2022.

His parents are in a different town, quite far actually, so we decided to tell my parents first. There was no problem at all, my parents only asked if we really sure with each other, seriously in love, etc.

Now the problem is his parents, he actually already told me that they are quite fanatic with their religion (me and my bf have different religion). But we decided to stay in this relationship because he is actually an agnostic, so religion is not really important to him. While for me, I do believe in God but I don't really into religion?

Anyway, he called his parents and told them we are planning to get married. His mother flipped right away, she was scolding and (kinda) yelling at him via phone that she will not give her blessings if I stay in my own religion. She even bad-mouthed me and my religion, as if I was a Satan believer (I am not, I swear) and stated that my bf were not becoming better after he dated me. All the things she said was very hurtful and made me cried honestly.

The thing is, me and my bf were actually already agreed that we will either have different religion marriage or he will be the one who changed religion into mine. We are more into the latter because in our country we aren't allowed to have interfaith marriage. But because his mom was scolding him so bad and didn't give him a chance to speak at all, we are now confused about what should we do.

TL;DR : Anyone here can give tips for my bf about how to tell his parents that he want to change religion?

Thank you 🙏



Submitted July 28, 2020 at 11:34PM by jjrantsrandom https://ift.tt/3fdAfqy
Me (26F) and my bf (26M) are planning to get married but soon to be MIL won't give her blessing unless I changed religion Me (26F) and my bf (26M) are planning to get married but soon to be MIL won't give her blessing unless I changed religion Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.