Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [26M] girlfriend's [27F] health is taking a toll on me

Hi,

We've been together one year. Everything is going great, we love each other a lot and have been talking about kids/house/marriage for our future.

The thing is, my girlfriend has a very poor health, due to genetics and very bad hygiene in her past (she had a pretty rebellious adolescence and started smoking cigarettes at 11, weed at 12, alcohol at 13, ...). She doesn't smoke weed or drink alcohol now but you can clearly see her health is very bad. She has back problems, hypotension (she pass out at least 2 times a week), she's always tired, ... Right now her hygiene is better, she doesn't drink as I said, we eat better, but she will never eat a fruit, drink water, stop smoking or even do sport (she's way too weak).

Every week something happens, I will have to pick her up from the ground because she fell while leaving the bed, she'll have to stay in bed all day because she feel 'bad' or her back is hurting her, ... I feel like I'm taking care of an elderly person. I'm always there, I take very good care of her, I've missed work days or left early to come back home to take care of her.

But sometimes it's hard for me and I'm getting worried about our future, what if we decide to buy a house and she lose her job since she miss at least one work day every two week because of her health, what about our future child health ? Sometimes she's also ungrateful and bitter against me, and I think it's because she's angry about the way she is and she feels bad for me because she knows it must be hard to take care of someone like that at 26 when you're talking about you're supposed healthy 27 girlfriend.

I can take this morning for example, she was supposed to go to work (only 1 time a week, rest of the week is homeworking) so she has to wake up extra early compared to homeworking. Every time she has to go to work, I wake up early (5:45 compared to my usual 8:00) with her so she's not alone and I'll drive her to the train station (she has a car, but I know it makes her happy). She told me at 5:30 that she's feeling too tired so she took a day off (she warned her boss at 5:30 to tell her she'll take a day off on her only day she needs to go). I let wake up to work (homeworking) and I let her sleep. At around 2pm, as I'm working on my computer with me headset on for music, I hear her call me, so I go upstairs and she's lying on the ground because she fell. I pick her up, put her on the bed and she's mad at me because she called me 5 times and I didn't hear, I then ask her if she wants to come downstairs to wake up a bit because it's already 2pm and staying in bed won't make things better, and she gets mad saying she knows she's a burden for me and then says 'I'll come downstairs since it's all you want', still I remain patient with her.

I've tried to get her to get better, I told her if in the future she wants a kid she needs to stop smoking (she tried to stop gradually for a week then gave up), I've tried to get her to drink water and eat better but to no avail, she has already seen doctors for her health but nothing we can do. I've also tried to get her to go to the gym with me but she doesn't to because she's afraid people will judge her, so I've built a home gym but she doesn't like sports ...

It's getting difficult and I feel bad.


tl;dr: GF has poor health and taking care of her every day is getting difficult for me



Submitted July 27, 2020 at 08:47AM by Ta134838 https://ift.tt/306mW7b
My [26M] girlfriend's [27F] health is taking a toll on me My [26M] girlfriend's [27F] health is taking a toll on me Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.