Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (33F) keep facing complaints from downstairs neighbour (50+F) about noise from husband (33M). She won't speak to him directly.

Our apartment building is old and sound really travels, for example we usually wake up to the girl above us vacuuming.

Our downstairs neighbour has commented to me a number of times in passing about how 'stompy' my husband walks around and how our portly cat makes the floorboards creak. I usually just nod along (this all happens in my second language as we live abroad). My husband is a native speaker so I don't know why she doesn't just speak to him, but apparently I'm the social face of this relationship.

Today she knocked when my husband was out to complain that we've been talking at night (true) and his voice in particular wakes her up and keeps her awake. This is true as she had the correct times for when we get in bed and start talking. I said that I'd talk to him, and when I do I get the usual response of 'she's always complaining, we're allowed to walk and talk in our own home' and he'll get annoyed if I sit there wincing as he closes doors too loudly.

I feel like I'm bearing the brunt of this from both ends as I'm the one she complains to and the one caught in the stairwell trying to handle these conversations which are often embarrassing and confusing for me, whilst my husband gets annoyed at not being able to relax at home as I get nervous about every little noise leading to another confrontation.

TL;DR: neighbour regularly addresses noise issues with only me



Submitted July 29, 2020 at 12:43PM by shagadelboy https://ift.tt/2X4sPzG
I (33F) keep facing complaints from downstairs neighbour (50+F) about noise from husband (33M). She won't speak to him directly. I (33F) keep facing complaints from downstairs neighbour (50+F) about noise from husband (33M). She won't speak to him directly. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.