Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [28F] just eloped. Now how do we tell everyone?

My husband [27M] and I just married last week. We’d been talking about it quite a bit over the past few months, and decided to go ahead and do it rather spontaneously. We went to the courthouse, grabbed a couple strangers as witnesses, and got married.

We made the perfect decision for us, and I have no regrets. Neither of us enjoys being the center of attention, and keeping things private allowed us to have a wedding day that was very suited to us. We didn’t have to worry about planning around other people (his family lives across the country), or the obligatory unwanted social interactions (we’re both rather introverted). It was all about us, and our relationship, which I think is exactly what a wedding should be.

Now it’s time to tell the families. We both have wonderful relationships with our family, and I really don’t foresee things going poorly, however, I’m not even sure how to bring it up? We were never officially engaged - we mutually decided that we wanted to get married - so it’s not like they were expecting it. I’ve been contemplating hosting a dinner with my family, as they’re all local, so we can tell them all at once. I have no idea how to tell his family, as we won’t see them for months.

TL;DR - How do we tell our families that we eloped?



Submitted April 03, 2019 at 11:25AM by uber_______tiny https://ift.tt/2UuAk2Q
I [28F] just eloped. Now how do we tell everyone? I [28F] just eloped. Now how do we tell everyone? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 04, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.