Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (f35) husband (m39) won't change his last name.

My husband and I had numerous, hours-long discussions about our name situation before we got married. HOURS of conversations about it. Like, civil and intelligent conversation where he and I decided we would both change our last names to a direct translation of his current name that honors my heritage as well.

We got married in September, and haven't done the name change stuff in the meantime but it was still the plan. I'm taking an international trip soon and need a new passport, so I decided to go to the courthouse and submit my name change before I get a new passport so that I don't have to do it twice.

I come home and tell him, and ask when he plans to go do it since it was the plan. Now he is saying he won't do it because he's worried about what his parents will think.

He's nearly 40 years old and his reason for backtracking is his parents. I feel betrayed, lied to, conned. I mean I've already submitted everything to change my name to this new name and now he says he doesn't want to.

I don't know what to do.

Tldr my husband and I agreed to both change our names and now he won't.



Submitted April 30, 2019 at 11:10AM by 666leaveittobeaver http://bit.ly/2PDgxcJ
My (f35) husband (m39) won't change his last name. My (f35) husband (m39) won't change his last name. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.