Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I [24F] am considering calling off wedding with fiance [28M] because he feels more like a friend than a romantic partner.

Let me start by saying that we have been together for 6 years, living together for 5, and engaged for 2. We were both young when we began dating and have experienced big milestones together. Went from being poor and struggling to buy groceries, to having successful careers, buying a home, and traveling to our bucket list destinations.

We have always pushed one another to achieve our goals and for the most part our life is great. We still go on dates, enjoy similar hobbies together, and have a fun and supportive friend circle. I enjoy spending time with my fiance, however, in the last year, things have felt very platonic for me.

Our sex life is non-existent (my fault). I reject him often. On the rare occasion that we do have sex, I am internally cringing. Never turned on in the slightest. Sometimes I'll see, or talk to an attractive guy, and have the urge to cheat. I never imagined I would feel this way (would NEVER act on these urges and I'm ashamed to admit I have them at all). My fiance doesn't act upset or bothered about our sex life, but he has noticed the decline. He never complains or gets frustrated.

Sometimes I feel like I can't go through with this wedding. My friends tell me I would be stupid to leave him and that I would regret it deeply.

Is this a normal phase in a long term relationship? Has anyone ever felt like a romantic relationship evolved into a platonic one?

TL;DR: I'm on the fence about following through with my wedding because my fiance feels more like a friend and I can't bring myself to have sex with him. I can't help but wonder if this is just a phase or if I'm headed down a deep sexless hole for the rest of my life.



Submitted April 28, 2019 at 08:34PM by Twotwothree456 http://bit.ly/2UPnnNn
I [24F] am considering calling off wedding with fiance [28M] because he feels more like a friend than a romantic partner. I [24F] am considering calling off wedding with fiance [28M] because he feels more like a friend than a romantic partner. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.