Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (24F) think my BIL's wife (30F) may be mistreating her baby

TLDR - I think my SIL is mistreating my nephew, but don't know how to communicate with her about it without her becoming defensive and offended.

My brother in law and his wife have a two year old son. I am extremely worried about him, and the way she treats him. She has a 12 year old daughter from previous relationship, and seems to think she knows everything about children and will not take any advice. Not that I know everything about children, but some things are giving me red flags. He is 24 months and still has not said a word, he doesn't use any hand expressions, he never initiates play. She does not speak or play with him, preferring to be on her phone instead. The only time she interacts with him is when she feeds him. She still feeds him the food a 6 month old baby would eat - two meals of baby food, and a yoghurt for desert. She never feeds him any fruit, veggies, or any solid or real food. He is very pale and seems underweight. She also seems to think that rather than trying to teach him words, watching Youtube videos will somehow teach him. She still spoon feeds him his food, he doesn't know how to do or say anything. I know he is only 2 but he seems to be behind emotionally and mentally. It makes me very upset, as my BIL works 9/5 and doesn't even see how she treats him. She never takes him to see any other children, they only leave the house to come and see my MIL and FIL once a fortnight. We have tried to talk to them both about this but she gets very defensive and offended, even though we just want the best for our nephew. Please help me with how I can communicate this to her or help my nephew without hurting her feelings.



Submitted April 30, 2019 at 12:57PM by helpme2390 http://bit.ly/2PFzBH7
I (24F) think my BIL's wife (30F) may be mistreating her baby I (24F) think my BIL's wife (30F) may be mistreating her baby Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.