Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (30M) just broke up with my gf (27F) to move closer to family. Did I do the right thing?

I (30M) moved to the west coast a few years ago from across the country for work. I met my now ex-gf (27F) two years ago and we've been dating. Aside from some minor relationship issues, both of us were happy together. Both of us considered it a serious relationship and were essentially living together. However, I've been getting pressure from my family to move back to the east coast to be closer to everyone (I have parents, siblings, and extended family that regularly see each other several times through the year). I also personally prefer east coast seasons, and would like to be closer to family as well. Currently, I'm only able to fly back to see them at most 3 times a year.

My gf and I had been discussing what to do about the situation. All her family and friends are nearby on the west coast, and she prefers living here, so she's not interested in moving with me to the east coast.

We've been discussing the situation for some time, and I recently decided it was better in the long-term to break up so I can move back. However, this decision has left both of us devastated. Now I'm feeling regret and am questioning my decision (for now she's still open to getting back together if I stay around).

Any thoughts on whether I made the right decision?

**TL;DR;** : Broke up with my serious gf because I feel like I need to be closer to my family across the country. Did I do the right thing?



Submitted April 28, 2019 at 04:23PM by relationship217 http://bit.ly/2GGwCu6
I (30M) just broke up with my gf (27F) to move closer to family. Did I do the right thing? I (30M) just broke up with my gf (27F) to move closer to family. Did I do the right thing? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.