Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me [27 M] with my girlfriend [26 F] of five years, trying to figure out if I'm being unreasonable by not wanting to spend time with her on her birthday.

My girlfriend, who lives about two hours away from me, is turning 27 this Sunday. I'm currently in medical school. Our curriculum is broken down into "blocks." The block that we are currently in is the second-to-last one of the year (running from 04/08 to 05/10) and has a reputation as being the hardest block of this academic year.

Part of what makes this block so difficult is that we have quizzes every Monday that are designed by the faculty to be "very challenging." And dear god is that an accurate description because these things are brutally difficult (one of my friends got a 30 on one of them). Luckily I've passed them all so far but only because I've been studying my ass off.

Because we're semi-long distance, my girlfriend and I usually try to see each other every weekend we can, but I've been so overwhelmed with studying during this block that we haven't seen each other since the weekend of 04/06-04/07. My girlfriend wants to visit this weekend since it's her birthday and go look at flowers together, and while I'd love to do that, I feel like I need the weekend to myself so I can do well on next Monday's quiz (and the final exam that is next Friday and worth 55% of the grade) and finish the block strong. I asked her if she would be okay with visiting the following weekend instead (05/11-05/12), and she got really upset, saying that the flowers wouldn't be in bloom any longer by that point. Now she isn't talking to me.

Am I being a jerk? I really want to see her, especially since it's her birthday, and I wish we could spend time together like we did before I started medical school, but I'm just too busy. Medical school is tough as nails, and I'm afraid that I'll fail out if I don't stand my ground about having the weekends prior to exams to myself so I can study.

tl;dr: I have a medical school quiz and exam next week and want this weekend to myself to study. My girlfriend is upset because she'll be alone on her birthday and also because it means we'll have to go almost five weeks without seeing each other. Am I wrong for holding my ground and being unwilling to jeopardize my grade?



Submitted April 29, 2019 at 09:42AM by dhfagfadjgfadj http://bit.ly/2URCKEF
Me [27 M] with my girlfriend [26 F] of five years, trying to figure out if I'm being unreasonable by not wanting to spend time with her on her birthday. Me [27 M] with my girlfriend [26 F] of five years, trying to figure out if I'm being unreasonable by not wanting to spend time with her on her birthday. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on April 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.