Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

UPDATE: I [22F] am graduating and can't find a job in my chosen field here, but my BF [30M] refuses to move

Original post

I decided to follow the advice of everyone on Reddit, my family, professor, etc. and take the job. It is an amazing opportunity in a beautiful city with a reasonable cost of living. It is a job doing exactly what I want to do with a team I really liked and on which I feel my contributions would be heavily valued.

The BF and I have amicably ended our relationship. Unfortunately, I'm going to be stuck here for the next 3.5 months because I can't afford to move out there (2500 miles away) more than a few weeks before the job starts, even though all my classes this semester are online. I can't really go out to many local social events during that time, since I know I will see my now-ex, and it would feel like a dagger twisting through my heart to see him with a new girl. I still think I'm making the best decision for my career (and likely my future happiness); the next few months are just going to suck.

TL;DR: I accepted the job offer like everyone told me to, even though it ended my 7-month relationship.



Submitted January 29, 2019 at 03:02PM by PurpleHairEngineer http://bit.ly/2FXQZ8a
UPDATE: I [22F] am graduating and can't find a job in my chosen field here, but my BF [30M] refuses to move UPDATE: I [22F] am graduating and can't find a job in my chosen field here, but my BF [30M] refuses to move Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.