Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [22/F] dog is dying and I feel emotionally unprepared

Exactly as the title says. My dog is old and arthritic and in a lot of pain, so my family (who he lives with, I live a few hours away) is going to have him put down. We’ve had him since I was a kid and it’s hard for me to imagine life without him. I want to be emotionally prepared but I’ve never experienced the loss of a pet before. I also want to be strong for the rest of my family and not need too much of their support, because they live with him so it will be harder on them than it is on me. But I just feel kind of overwhelmed.

TL;DR Dog is being put down soon, would like advice on how to anticipate and cope with the loss

ETA: Thank you to everyone who has left such good advice and well wishes. I don’t know if I will be able to go home in time but I asked my parents to hang on to his favorite toy for me. It hurts a lot right now but we will get through it.



Submitted January 30, 2019 at 09:30PM by bat_eyes_lizard_legs http://bit.ly/2SnjjXv
My [22/F] dog is dying and I feel emotionally unprepared My [22/F] dog is dying and I feel emotionally unprepared Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.