Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My [M32] girlfriend [F26] of 8 months feels "weird" about my work phone.

Hi! I don't really want to go into details about what I do, but I'll say that I work for the government. As a result, I'm issued a work phone that we're told to not let anyone access. There is sensitive information on it (or the ability to access that information), so I understand why and am appropriately protective of it.

However, my girlfriend of 8 months recently told me that she feels "weird" that I have a phone that I don't let anyone see. Apparently, she has been in a situation where someone she was dating had a secondary phone that he was using to contact women, so it's made her a bit paranoid. I've tried to assuage her concerns, offering her to look at my personal phone, but stressed that I really can't give her access to my work one. She turned down the offer to check my personal phone and seemed to understand that she can't see my work one due to the information I access.

It's been a couple weeks, but I can still see that not being able to access my work phone or really know the details of what's going on. If my phone goes off while we're together, she'll ask "Oh, who is that?" and I'll usually reply with some vague reply like "Oh, it's Bob asking me about a project", but never really go into details. I think this is bothering her, but I'm unsure how to proceed.

My dad also worked for the government in a similar role, and was unable to tell my mom a lot. However, it never seemed to cause an issue. I actually texted my mom and asked if it ever made her uncomfortable and her reply was "Not really. I understood it as a part of your dad's work, so I didn't pry for details."

So I guess I'm looking for advice on how to handle this. I'm starting to feel that maybe we aren't compatible in this regard and not really on the same page when it comes to privacy and such. She has also expressed to me that she's a bit bummed that I don't really have a presence on social media (no facebook, instagram, etc), but that's because 1) I don't really see the appeal and 2) with my current job, it's easier to just not have any than to worry about accidentally posting things/worried about getting my information stolen.

Does anyone have advice on how to navigate this? Is there something I can do to so that she is OK with not having access to my work phone, or is this compatibility issue?

Thanks for your time.

TL;DR - My girlfriend doesn't like that I have a work phone that she can't access. This combined with other social media issues has me wondering if there is a solution, or if it's a compatibility issue.



Submitted January 31, 2019 at 10:02AM by workfone http://bit.ly/2Wy19Bx
My [M32] girlfriend [F26] of 8 months feels "weird" about my work phone. My [M32] girlfriend [F26] of 8 months feels "weird" about my work phone. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.