Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend (33m) came clean to lying to me (27f) about his whole life. We both want to make it work. Can we?

Hey reddit

No throwaway because YOLO. So I’m a recently divorced single mom. I have been dating a guy for two months, and I fell for him hard. I was having a really hard time with dating because I’m an odd person, and because I have a kid. This guy is just fascinating. He’s one of the smartest people I’ve met, and has treated me really well. He bought my daughter a ukelele and he was really excited at the prospect of being a stepdad. I have never enjoyed dating anyone as much as him.

The thing is, he told me that he was a researcher at a nearby university, that he was getting a PhD, and that he had land in another town. I had to find out but by bit that none of that was true. He met my dad, who does have a PhD, and he fooled him too. My parents loved him, and they have never liked anybody I dated.

It turns out, he does have a bachelors in math, and he was a teacher for a few years, but after he broke up with his ex (who now has a PhD herself) in 2014, he started couch-surfing and getting by on odd jobs. I told him that it wouldn’t have mattered to me, but the lying did. I am a bit crazy myself, and I reached out to an ex of his (who is a doctor) and she said that he lied to her too. She never found out the truth about him though. He was the one who left her. It was clear she still had feelings for him. His other ex still keeps pictures of them online too.

He told me he has an issue with lying, but that he finally feels like he can be truthful with me, and that I’m the first person he has trusted enough to. He says that he will get a regular job and an apartment, get into therapy, and show me proof of all of that. He is highly talented, and I believe he is capable of this. I really want to give him another chance, when I have seen that he has gotten stable. We met online, and I told him that I would have swiped left on him if I knew what his life was like, but that I was glad I didn’t, so to an extent, I understand why he lied. He says that now he has met me, he has a reason to get his life back on track.

Am I being stupid? Even with this lying, I’ve never been treated this well by someone I’ve dated, and he has been there for me consistently. I feel like if he gets a steady job and place within a few months, maybe we could be happy together. I haven’t made him promises, but I want to see what he does.

TL;DR: my boyfriend lied to me about his whole life, but he owned up to it and has promised not to do it again. Am I a fool to have hope for this relationship?



Submitted January 30, 2019 at 03:53PM by la_gran_puta http://bit.ly/2FZTV4f
My boyfriend (33m) came clean to lying to me (27f) about his whole life. We both want to make it work. Can we? My boyfriend (33m) came clean to lying to me (27f) about his whole life. We both want to make it work. Can we? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.