Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Me [29/F] with my neighbor [/65M] of 5 months; I found a hole in my bathroom wall that I share with him, and now I feel unsafe

At first I though my neighbor and his wife, were kind, albeit strange but I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

I live in a fourplex, which shares a common entrance. I live on the top floor next to said neighbor and wife. I moved there in August, and I was already getting bad vibes from him. He'd constantly be trying to invite me into his place to chat (I was unemployed at the time), but I thought it was because he was lonely. I knew though he had definitely taken in interest in me, and it was getting to be a bit more than what I was comfortable with.

I have always been a kind, considerate neighbor. I've never made a fuss about anything, even though there was a lot of drama happening with the other units, and a high turnover. I've always maintained a good relationship with my landlord, as well. Despite this, I do like to generally left alone and he kept insisting my BF and I come over for dinner or the like, but I kept declining.

About 2 months ago, as the colder months started settling in (I live in Western Canada), I noticed my unit becoming very cold. After a long day of cold, I'd jump into the bath to warm up. It's an older building, so insulation is poor. This is important fact as you can hear just about everything from the other units.

I started noticing a strange noise on the other side of the wall. Like a banging, and some rustling. I never thought much of it, until after about a month, it was happening EVERY time I bathed. I started to get suspicious, but I kept brushing it off as paranoia. My mental health started to become affected as I was constantly trying to rationalize, and thought maybe I was being a little crazy.

This feeling of being watched, never faded, and the noise was always present when I used the bathroom, so I started investigating. I noticed two fairly large holes around the plumbing of the pedestal sink, so I shoved toilet paper into those holes. After a few days, I kept hearing the same noises and my BF suggested to turn the lights off, so I did. And when I did this, that's when I could see the light into their apartment.

I haven't been staying a my place since. I have no idea if any wrong doing took place, but I don't feel comfortable in my own home. I told my property manager about the hole, and she had it filled but said nothing more. I know she's close with him as he's been renting there forever, but I think there's something seriously fishy going down. We've gone through like three tenants in the span of 5 months in the other two units, so I feel like there must be a common denominator and it's got to be him and his weird behavior.

Please help, I am stressing too much about this and I don't know what next steps to take.

TL;DR: Found a hole in bathroom wall that I share with my creepy neighbor, now I don't feel safe in my own home.



Submitted January 29, 2019 at 02:53PM by Icy_Researcher http://bit.ly/2G7hwPE
Me [29/F] with my neighbor [/65M] of 5 months; I found a hole in my bathroom wall that I share with him, and now I feel unsafe Me [29/F] with my neighbor [/65M] of 5 months; I found a hole in my bathroom wall that I share with him, and now I feel unsafe Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.