Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

UPDATE: My (25f) old manager (??m) came to me new workplace and I don't know how to feel about the encounter

The OP: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/9d2f97/my_25f_old_manager_m_came_to_me_new_workplace_and/

Tl;Dr of original: manager at my old job skimped me on hours and then fired me out of nowhere. Struggled for a few months before finding a new job. Old manager shows up at my new job, asks for forgiveness, I tell him off.

The update: Some people in the OP predicted that old manager would come back to speak with new manager and get me in trouble for what I said to him. That did have me a little worried, but it never happened. He never came back and for a while I was prepared to put the whole thing behind me.

Until today, when I got a friend request on Facebook from old manager. He also sent a fairly lengthy message saying he's been mulling over what I said to him, wants me to know that he's sorry and not asking for forgiveness this time just wanted me to know that he's sorry. I'm kinda surprised that he only sent now, months after he came into my store, and I was caught off guard by it. I haven't accepted his request or replied to the message, at this point I just want that whole time in my life to stop rearing it's ugly head. I plan to just leave things as is, I don't want anything to do with old manager and if he sends me more messages I might just block him.

I realize this isn't a very exciting update, but that message reminded me of that old post and comforting words everyone wrote. I wanna take this opportunity to thank everyone who replied to the OP, it was very cathartic to write it and read the replies.

TL;DR: old manager sent a Facebook message, it was ignored.



Submitted January 31, 2019 at 11:57AM by Badmanger http://bit.ly/2RrruNH
UPDATE: My (25f) old manager (??m) came to me new workplace and I don't know how to feel about the encounter UPDATE: My (25f) old manager (??m) came to me new workplace and I don't know how to feel about the encounter Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 31, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.