Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (24f) therapist (40f) started dating one of her patients (25m) and I don't know whether I should continue being her patient

My therapist is considered one of the best therapists in my country. It's almost impossible to get to her, but somehow I managed to do it. I was pretty happy, since she made me feel better even though idk if she actually helped me (I'll talk about that in the next paragraph).

She organized a group of her favorite patients (I think that's the case since she has a lot of patients and the group is 10-12 people). Together we went to the mountains, etc. for "workshops" - 3 days of intensive therapy + spa procedures, etc. I met amazing people and I always had a nice time. They were very overpaid but I didn't care, because at that time my mental health was deteoriating and I felt those group sessions were my salvation. I even made a friend, let's call her Maggie. So Maggie is a very fragile person and when she falls in love, she is totally dedicated to that person and they have the power to destroy her. She's been in an abusive relationship for more than 10 years and that's why she seeked help. So my therapist tried to set her up with one of the boys from the group. They started chatting, but nothing more.

So summer came and my therapist organized a trip to the seaside. I couldn't go, but the boy that Maggie chatted with went and three other people. My friend and him decided to meet each other the day after he comes back from the trip. So she waited and waited, and nothing. Then he uploaded a picture of him, my therapist and another couple. I saw it months later, because I don't have him in my friends list, but I'll get there.

A few months later it was time for the next workshop. I was excited to see my friends. But something was off, because my therapist and this boy acted weird the entire time. It was kind of like they were together, but I didn't pay that much attention, because I had my own problems. Me and Maggie shared a room and the second night we got really drunk and went to our room around 2 a.m. While I was getting ready for bed, she asked me "What do you think about *insert boy's name* and *insert therapist's name* relationship?" and I didn't know what she was talking about. She then showed me the picture and we ended up talking until 5 a.m. She told me she was really hurt when she found out because our therapist knows how fragile she is. She knew she could destroy her if she were to fall in love with him. Glad she didn't, but there was a high chance that that could have happened. Why would my therapist try to set her up with him and then date him? And he's been her patient for years?! And she continued being his therapist and invite him to our group sessions?! WHAT? I was so confused. That's so unprofessional and gross.

When we went back, Maggie confronted our therapist. She confessed to dating him and apologized. I met with her a few times after that but something was off. She didn't pay attention to what I've said, all the time she was chatting on her phone. I started going to therapy because of my issues with anger. I wanted to learn how to manage it, but all she's said to me for the past (almost) two years has been "don't blame yourself, if you want to scream and hit, do it, just don't blame yourself after that". This advice resulted in me getting kicked out of my apartment for good 5 months and deteriorating relationship with my partner. And that thing with her patient and member of our group is so weird. The last time I saw them together was at our Christmas party. She literally begged me to find us a spot in some nice night club because my partner has got some connections and I did, even though it was Friday night and it was a holiday, and the night had already begun. While we were waiting for our cabs, her boyfriend insisted we went somewhere else and she was like "Oh, I'm going wherever *insert name* is going". THEN WHY DID YOU MAKE ME BOTHER MY BOYFRIEND AND HIS FRIENDS TO FIND A SPOT FOR 8 PEOPLE AT THE LAST MINUTE DURING ONE OF THE BUSIEST NIGHTS OF THE YEAR?

Am I overreacting? She's been acting really unprofessional but at the same time I feel I can't talk to anyone else about my problems and I feel sad. I don't trust her anymore but I've been feeling bad since I stopped seeing her. Please, give me some advice.

tl;dr: My therapist started dating one of her patients and I don't think I can trust her with my problems anymore. Her actions could have hurt my friend because she tried setting her up with the boy she's now dating. The situation is confusing and I don't know how to feel and I need to know if I'm overreacting.



Submitted January 28, 2019 at 02:51PM by xxxxxxve http://bit.ly/2CNV7DM
My (24f) therapist (40f) started dating one of her patients (25m) and I don't know whether I should continue being her patient My (24f) therapist (40f) started dating one of her patients (25m) and I don't know whether I should continue being her patient Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 29, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.