Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My(34M) wife’s(27F) birth mom just posted some very nasty things, I’m livid. My wife is hurt.

First off, my wife and I are both fairly liberal in or political views. My wife is adopted(adopted age 3 months old). Her parents(adoptive) are fantastic humans. Her birth father, whom she met as a teenager/early 20s, is also a quality human from the few times I’ve met him. Her birth mother I have neither met nor spoken to.

Her birth parents conceived, unplanned, when they were in high school. Her birth mothers parents were(and are from my understanding) very religious and very conservative. When they found out, they pulled her birth mom out of school to home school and forced her to put my wife up for adoption.

My wife has met her a time or two and texts with her a couple of times year.

As for what’s happened, literally today, my wife shared an article from Slate regarding the current administration allowing religious based adoption agencies to refuse adoption to same sex couples. Our personal beliefs aside, her comments were along the lines of if the Pope says gay is okay, I don’t get it.

Her birth mom replied, and I’m livid. Here’s her reply:

“I'm actually appalled at the fact your adoptive parents USED a religious adoption agency to get what they wanted knowing they had zero intention of raising you Christian. But Christians are evil, right?!!!! I could have easily had an abortion, which is what (Bio Dad)wanted. And you wouldn't even be here. Happy birthday!!! You should be thanking those “pro life morons” instead of insulting them.”

I’m assuming she’s intoxicated... as is the usual when birth mom initiates contact. Fact of the matter is, my wife was raised in a church and decided for herself that she was an atheist. Her dad is still a Christian today. And my wife doesn’t touch the pro life/choice debate ever because she doesn’t care to argue about it.

She’s at a loss of what to say or do. I want to say a great many things, but I don’t think it’s my place. And if I did say anything, I’m sure it’d damage whatever semblance of a relationship they do have.

Maybe I just needed to vent. Sorry.

E: took out a name from quote

TLDR: my adopted wife’s birth mom basically said she shouldn’t have been born. I want to respond, but don’t think it’s my place.



Submitted January 30, 2019 at 06:10PM by Vaguely_Aware01 http://bit.ly/2DIguI4
My(34M) wife’s(27F) birth mom just posted some very nasty things, I’m livid. My wife is hurt. My(34M) wife’s(27F) birth mom just posted some very nasty things, I’m livid. My wife is hurt. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on January 30, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.