Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

[UPDATE] I [24M] rejected my friend [22F] because I thought I was moving, but I ended up not moving. Now I want to pursue a relationship, but she's getting distant.

Link back to my old post.

So I took everyone's advice and just gave my friend distance. I started hanging out with my other friends more and focused on my hobbies and my life. For about two weeks I was really happy because I was starting to forget about her and enjoyed life as is.

I think she started noticing that I was avoiding her, stopped initiating conversations with her, and all together just stopped asking her to do stuff. Then eventually out of no where she said she wanted to talk. At first I thought we were going to get some resolution to whatever situation we were in and move on with our lives... but instead she apologized for how she acted and told me she wanted to try harder to hang out with me. Just the two of us. At this point I was really, really confused. I thought she was avoiding me because I made her uncomfortable and didn't feel the same way. I asked her if she knew what she wanted. She said, "no, all I know is that I get scared when we seem to act more than just friends, but I get really sad when you're not around and we're not talking." She asked me to hang out with her over the weekend - again, just the two of us.

I said sure, but I was slightly hesitant to because I didn't know where this is going. I'm guessing she wants to try to be more than just friends, but I really don't want another month of back and forth of her wanting to try it or getting scared. I'm honestly just really tired after what happened in the past couple of months. After hanging out with her I want to have a really honest conversation with her and try to determine what we want to do. If she wants a relationship, then I'll be patient and try to work it out with her. If she wants friendship, then I kinda want distance from her since I still have some feelings for her. Is this the right approach? What do you guys think?

tl;dr - I created distance between me and my friend. She reached back to me and told me she still didn't know what she wants, but wants to try harder to spend time together. I'm hesitant because I want to know if this is leading to friendship or a relationship. And I'm worried that if we start getting close again, we'll repeat everything from last month. What do you guys recommend doing?



Submitted October 26, 2018 at 11:24AM by skepticalData https://ift.tt/2RczX7Q
[UPDATE] I [24M] rejected my friend [22F] because I thought I was moving, but I ended up not moving. Now I want to pursue a relationship, but she's getting distant. [UPDATE] I [24M] rejected my friend [22F] because I thought I was moving, but I ended up not moving. Now I want to pursue a relationship, but she's getting distant. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on October 27, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.