Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

my boyfriend [25m] of 5 years broke up with me [22f] during a psychotic break

i’ve never sought advice from strangers before but i am truly lost. i have had an incredible relationship with my boyfriend. we have bragged about it to people and each other, as recently as a couple weeks ago. he keeps his anniversary card from me on his nightstand, alongside a note in his wallet and other things.

a week ago he came into the spare room and blindsided me and said that we needed to break up. he was going through a rough time due to some work issues which we had been disagreeing about. he said that he did it because he thought it’s what i wanted. i did not and he raised some really small things which it seems he had just fixated on (me giving constructive feedback when he asks for an opinion, not knowing he only wanted validation etc). we talked for hours and decided we wanted to resolve it. at this time i knew he was struggling and it was for him, in his words, a rock bottom.

over the next few days things seemed to get worse until a friend of mine, who he had become friends with, sent me a plethora of screenshots and emails where he confessed his love for her. she told him she did not feel the same. we argued and whatnot and i told him i could move past it if he agreed not to speak to her. he agreed. the next morning she sent me a message that he had sent. at this point i discovered that he was was convinced that she was in love with him and was telling people that, so we broke up.

long story short, he was admitted to a psych ward and his hallucinations and fascination with girl have gotten progressively more convoluted (thinks she is speaking to him through tattoos and reddit accounts that he knows aren’t hers).

this is not the man i know and everyone agrees. we live together and have for 4 years. he has never talked to his friends about relationship issues or any feelings for this girl. while he’s in hospital i’m left to think about what is the truth and what i should do. his family have also told me that he’s been asking about me. i have not gone to the hospital to give him space. we have talked briefly and he spoke to me like i was a stranger.

i think there is a very real possibility that this is all a part of this breakdown, but i have to also be honest with myself that this could be true. i guess i just want to hear if anyone has been through the same and what happened for you both.

tldr. my boyfriend has broken up with me after 5 happy years in which we communicated very well. he now is saying he’s in love with a friend of mine and has been hospitalised for a psychotic break. i’m trying to work out what the truth is.



Submitted December 11, 2021 at 09:43PM by swagmumma https://ift.tt/33oZia3
my boyfriend [25m] of 5 years broke up with me [22f] during a psychotic break my boyfriend [25m] of 5 years broke up with me [22f] during a psychotic break Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 12, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.