Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My (F24) sister (F36) sent me a text asking why I don't like her and why I will not speak to her

Throwaway, on mobile

My sister and I have never really gotten along. She mostly ignored me as a child and moved out when she turned 19 (though we lived together on occasion over the years since due to her giving birth or her or my mom needing the financial help.) I often tell people that I essentially grew up like an only child.

As I got older (high school years) for some reason I'm not aware of my sister's indifference towards me turned into a dislike. I just tried to stay out of her way. I wasn't really the biggest fan of my sister but my feelings were probably closer indifference than anything. I just wanted to graduate HS and leave town.

I only went away for school for a year and because it was requested of me by my mom, when I returned home I tried to put more effort into our relationship. We have absolutely nothing in common so conversations were short but cordial. My mom was happy and It didn't cost my anything so I was happy to leave it at that. That only worked for maybe a year or so.

I'm going to be honest, she's miserable to be around. She just kind of let's life happen to her and isn't willing to accept how her actions (or inaction) and poor decision making skills led to where she is now in her life. People can see she's depressed from a mile away and she sucks the joy out of any happy situation. I would be embarrassed to introduce her to people as my sister because we're polar opposites personality wise. She refuses to get the help she obviously needs and just doubles down on her shitty choices. If it wasn't for her children, she would be blocked. I don't want someone who's just constantly negative to be present in my life honestly.

She texted me yesterday afternoon and asked why I do not speak to her when she comes around and asked what did she do to make me not like her. Then she sent the same message to a group chat that included my mom. My mom tried to guilt me by saying she wishes we would get along before she dies (she's only 56 and there's no indication she's going anywhere anytime soon.) She also requested that if I cannot say anything nice then I shouldn't day anything.

I know my sister. She has a weak spirit. She'll take it personally (as she should tbh) and then she'll go crying to our mom like she always does when she gets it in her head that we should get along more or be more involved in each other's lives. She wouldn't be able to handle what I wrote above. Part of me wants to keep the peace between my mom and I since we live together but part of me wants to reply because if you're bold enough to ask someone why they don't like you, you should be ready to accept any answer that comes your way.

Tldr: My sister wants to know why I don't like her, I want to tell her but I want to keep the peace between my mom and I.



Submitted March 24, 2021 at 12:13AM by oldersisthrowaway21 https://ift.tt/3cdwd3b
My (F24) sister (F36) sent me a text asking why I don't like her and why I will not speak to her My (F24) sister (F36) sent me a text asking why I don't like her and why I will not speak to her Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on March 24, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.