Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Should I(22F) ask more about my boyfriend's(27M) heartbroken and loving past with his ex girlfriend?

He said last night that "We haven't even discussed our pasts..."

I asked if he wanted to talk about his past, he responded that it wasn't necessary. Then why would he bring it up? I know a general idea of what happened to him from what he sometimes lets out. He hasn't been in a serious relationship for a couple of years, as he puts it sometimes "There are some things that I haven't said in so long that I don't know how to say them now".

Selfishly I don't want to hear him talking about his last relationship that left him heartbroken. I don't want to hear him talking about how much he loved her dearly. Is that wrong of me? I can't ask him to be open with me and then not want to hear certain parts of his story, that makes me a hypocrite... But I don't know, I guess my insecurities get the best of me. I don't want to hear about how much he loved someone else, (meaning that I can't compare)...

But how much of your past should you tell your current partner? I've told him a brief summary of my past, but with no details. But I'm not as experienced as he is, and I don't think I had that much grief in my past relationships as he did, so I don't have much to tell.

Should I bring up his past again? Have him talk it out and let it out? Would that help with his feelings right now? Or would that get him reminiscing about good times passed with his ex girlfriends and therefore get him more distant from me?

TL;DR bf brings up that we don't know each other's pasts very well, I ask him if he wants to talk about his, he said it's not necessary bc hes happy. I dont know if I should ask him again about it bc it would be good for him to let it out but I'm also selfish and insecure and dont want to hear about how much he loved someone else the way he doesn't love me.



Submitted December 30, 2020 at 03:18AM by extra-ordinary48 https://ift.tt/3o5Spja
Should I(22F) ask more about my boyfriend's(27M) heartbroken and loving past with his ex girlfriend? Should I(22F) ask more about my boyfriend's(27M) heartbroken and loving past with his ex girlfriend? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.