Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Husband not cleaning up after himself

TLDR: husband won't clean up after himself and it's making me hesitant to have children with him.

My (24f) husband (25m) has always had trouble cleaning up after himself. We've been together for about 6 years. I'm not making excuses, but I know he's like this because he was spoiled as a child and if he didn't clean someone else eventually did it for him. We've been living together for about 4 years.

His messiness has always been an issue. I refuse to clean up after his messes that aren't in a mutual area (ie. Kitchen living room etc.) We both work full time so we both have the same amount of spare time at home, his is spent playing video games. This whole pandemic we have been lucky enough to work from home, but now he eats and drinks in his office, and just leaves trash everywhere. It gets to the point where all of the silverware gets left in that room and I can't find it, and drinks and food start smelling and growing mold.

I've explained to him multiple times this makes me really hesitant to have children with him because I don't need to then clean up after him and a baby. I've communicated how it makes me feel multiple times and he keeps saying he will try harder and clean more, he will improve for maybe a week after a talk and then go back to old habits. it honestly just turns me off from him. Is this fixable?

Any advice for how to get him to just stop being gross? I refuse to clean for him and it's driving me nuts. This isn't something I would end our marriage over, because he is fantastic in every other way, but its getting to the point where I'm not sure if I want to have kids with him now...and that could end up being a marriage issue.

Also to add he doesn't have any mental health issues or any conditions that would be the cause of being messy or that would prevent him from cleaning.



Submitted December 28, 2020 at 08:31AM by Mountain_Matter_2085 https://ift.tt/3mWeIqi
Husband not cleaning up after himself Husband not cleaning up after himself Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.