Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I don’t know how to bring up the “what are we” question to the person I’ve been seeing for a year

I (22f) have been seeing a guy (27m) for over a year. We met at a job I had while I was away at college. I very casually started seeing him in January and had asked him what the expectations were from this, and he said that he hopes to on day get married and start a family, but i didn’t really seem directed towards me. I mentioned that I just wanted to go with the flow and see what happens.

We kept hooking up until COVID shut down all the restaurants in March and I had to move back home. We kept seeing each other under the guise that I was working so my parents wouldn’t find out (I’m the only daughter in a religious Latino family) and slowly things started to get less casual in my eyes. We would go on lunch dates after the hook ups, he would cook for me, buy me an expensive gift for my birthday, and things like that. We talk every day since we started getting involved and now he’s at the point of him recently telling me “I love you” a few times and telling my that I’m “his lady” but he hasn’t mentioned anything aside from that. It’s going to be, as he described, our “1 year anniversary” but I don’t want to get too serious about it because I don’t know where I stand with him.

These are all nice things, but i still have some concerns which fuel why I’m scared of his answer. Whenever I go over, he still sneaks me into the house early in the morning so his dad doesn’t see and then sneaks me out. Aside from the rare “i love you” and “i miss you” i feel like he’s not super affectionate towards me like i am with him (different love language?). The age gap is also something im a little worried about, since sometimes I think he’s way too mature for me.

I’m getting to the point of not wanting to hide it from my family and maybe bringing him home but again I’m worried he might not feel the same way. How do I breach the topic in a mature way to get some honest answers?

TL;DR guy I’ve been seeing casually for a year is being more romantic, how do I bring up the “what are we” topic



Submitted December 27, 2020 at 01:52AM by dulce183409 https://ift.tt/2KwQZjv
I don’t know how to bring up the “what are we” question to the person I’ve been seeing for a year I don’t know how to bring up the “what are we” question to the person I’ve been seeing for a year Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 27, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.