Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My[F30s] boyfriend[M30s] both never wanted kids but after an unexpected death my BF is taking in his kid nephews[7,6]

EDIT: Thank you all so much for the replies, I will try to get to each one.

One thing I see a lot of people comment on is about the notion that he did this without consulting me or getting my input. I just want to say that I don't feel like that I would NEVER tell him to choose or anything like. I 200% agree with his decision, there was never a point in time where taking the boys in was questioned, it was going to happen and I'm fully OK with that part of it. Thank you all again!

TL;DR - BF and I for years have said we never wanted kids. After a death he is going to take in his nephews. Not sure what to do.

I'll try to keep this short. My BF and I have been together for 5 years and we're in a very strong and healthy loving relationship. After about 1.5 years we had the future talk. I didn't beat around the bush and told him I never wanted kids, motherhood is just not something I am interested even though I absolutely love kids. I wasn't expecting but my BF said the exact same thing about fatherhood and I feel like that made us even closer.

About my BF, he is the absolutely sweetest and kindest person you could meet, he is a rock to everyone and will always help those out in need, he would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it (I've seen him do it!). He comes from a small family with just a sister who has 2 young boys. After an unexpected death my BF immediately stepped up and said he would take them in as their father isn't around and there is no other family.

We are both professionals and have very successful careers and are very comfortable so in theory it's not an issue at all but I just don't know how to feel as we had our plan and it sadly has been flipped upside down. Again, we had agreed we didn't want to be parents and we planned our future around it. I feel guilty that I am even saying this but I just don't know what to do. Any advice is welcome, thank you.



Submitted December 31, 2020 at 12:53PM by RedBandanaGirl https://ift.tt/2LeFIUA
My[F30s] boyfriend[M30s] both never wanted kids but after an unexpected death my BF is taking in his kid nephews[7,6] My[F30s] boyfriend[M30s] both never wanted kids but after an unexpected death my BF is taking in his kid nephews[7,6] Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.