Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend is turning 40 and about two weeks ago his mom sent out a text to the family group to have a party for him (about 15-18 people)

I texted his mom that I didn’t want to do a group event but they could go ahead. I said to my boyfriend wow I don’t think this is a good idea during Covid. We are in the Northeast so it’d have to be indoors . He basically said that I hadn’t tried to plan anything! I said duh bc it’s a terrible idea. Only two people awkwardly responded that they’d come as long as everyone was healthy. Two days later she cancelled it because no one was enthusiastic to come during a pandemic. Now this week turns out a family member HAS Covid and all that side of the family is quarantining.

He told me his guy friend and two other guy friends invited him out to dinner because I hadn’t planned anything. I said, look I assumed we’d be spending it together and opening presents at home. But he already said yes so I said fine let’s open them Sunday or another day I guess.

Is anyone else experiencing people with expectations that do not align with our pandemic reality? How can I remedy this?? He’s super mad now because he was busy all day and dinner tonight so I said let’s do tomorrow instead but he wants to pull up floors in his apartment he’s selling. I apparently missed the day so it’s all wrong.

TL;DR my boyfriend expected a normal 40th birthday during COVID and I think he’s crazy!



Submitted December 26, 2020 at 03:37PM by Comicalacimoc https://ift.tt/3mUDCGG
My boyfriend is turning 40 and about two weeks ago his mom sent out a text to the family group to have a party for him (about 15-18 people) My boyfriend is turning 40 and about two weeks ago his mom sent out a text to the family group to have a party for him (about 15-18 people) Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 26, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.