Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I stumbled upon my boyfriend's Reddit account and I wish I didn't. Do I tell him? Is seeing it or what I found relationship ruining?

My (23F) boyfriend (25M) and I started dating during quarantine, so things progress really quickly for just a 6-7 month relationship, but we've been really aligned in terms of our commitment and feelings from the beginning. We're very close, tell each other everything and our lives have been very intertwined and we've basically been coexisting for the entirety of our relationship, we get along great.

He is a total Reddit lover who introduced me to it and now I'm in desperate need of advice from fellow Redditors. He's expressed to me that his account is private to him and that he would never share it with me, I was surprised by that and was never given any particular reason but I just brushed it off. Well recently we were talking about a subreddit related to something we've both been researching and I later checked it out only to find a post that was an uncanny resemblance to our situation. So, I clicked on the user and discovered that it is in fact my boyfriend's account. I'm in a bit of a crunch now because I got carried away and went down a rabbit hole and although currently, his posts are about adulting-related subjects, fact-checking some things I say, and hobbies, just earlier this year right before we dated, the tone was completely different. He has solicited random sex, once in the city he lives in and another in a city he was flown to for an interview, he posted many times about how he seduces girls and asked for advice on that, and he detailed a seriously wild threesome story in gonewildstories. So now I've read about him sleeping with multiple people in a week, making out with at least five random people in a night, also having random sex with a colleague on a work trip. He explicitly shared that he's always super horny and suggested he always has a roster of girls. His braggy, ladies man tone is really concerning and everything caught me completely off guard.

I understand that we all have a past, he has shared that he has had over one hundred sex partners and I was uncomfortable with it initially, but it didn't take long before I accepted it because I knew he's pretty sexually liberal and he made it seem more natural. However, my discomfort now lies here: he said he has never hooked up with anyone from work which is contradicted in one of his posts, I feel like his seduction ideas could have been used on me and that just feels really shitty as if I'm one of many, soliciting sex really upsets and confuses me because it seems sort of desperate even though he has never struggled with attractive women, his extremely high sex drive isn't aligned with our sex patterns nor is our sex life as interesting as his stories so he says he's happy with it but why hasn't he attempted more with me, AND I wish I could unread the details, it makes me feel sick.

What do I do? We just spent an amazing holiday together with my family and this has completely turned me off - I'm anxious about what I read and just as anxious about telling him. He would be so mad and probably feel betrayed that I didn't click back when I noticed it's his account. I know now why I should have, but I never anticipated that seeing it would actually be a big deal - I was clearly mistaken. Do I tell him I've seen it? I think he might break up with me if I do because he'll view it as an invasion of privacy. On the other hand, I don't know how to stomach this information, maybe I can't be with him, am I overreacting? I really hate this, if I bring it up I think he will quickly change the narrative that it's my fault for looking.

TL;DR - My bf has expressed that his account is private and that he would never share it with me. I checked out a subreddit we had just talked about only to find a post that was an uncanny resemblance to our situation and discovered that it's his account. I got carried away reading his posts and am not sure if I should tell him or keep it to myself? I think he might break up with me if I do anyway.



Submitted December 29, 2020 at 08:01PM by sometimesfunnier https://ift.tt/3pFUaUV
I stumbled upon my boyfriend's Reddit account and I wish I didn't. Do I tell him? Is seeing it or what I found relationship ruining? I stumbled upon my boyfriend's Reddit account and I wish I didn't. Do I tell him? Is seeing it or what I found relationship ruining? Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 30, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.