Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My SO (26F) gets mad anytime I try to add my thoughts to the current conversation, but interrupts me with entirely different topics.

Every time we are talking about something, if I try to add my thoughts to the conversation she starts getting agitated or defensive because I’m interrupting her.

The thing I don’t get is that I’m adding 1 or two thoughts about the thing she is currently talking about and then I stop talking to hand the reins of the conversation back to her.

She interrupts me in the middle of talking about something, with some completely different topic. Thats what bugs me the most. She gets defensive of me not listening to her, but to add my thoughts to the conversation I literally have to be listening to her. She can interrupt me with an entirely different topic. I feel like she’s projecting because she knows she wouldn’t be listening if she had something to say. I’m so frustrated right now.

TL;DR. SO thinks a conversation should be a monologue when she’s talking, and a time for her to bring up a different topic when I am.

Edit: I shouldn’t have to say this, but I am not going to break up with my SO. I’m looking for helpful advice to improve our relationship.



Submitted December 31, 2020 at 07:28AM by TheFightingMasons https://ift.tt/3nbcdkc
My SO (26F) gets mad anytime I try to add my thoughts to the current conversation, but interrupts me with entirely different topics. My SO (26F) gets mad anytime I try to add my thoughts to the current conversation, but interrupts me with entirely different topics. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 31, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.