Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My bf (38 m) takes lots of the things I (30 f) say literally, then seems to define me by them.

We’ve been together for 5 years, but only have lived together for 2. It seems like if I say something, he remembers it and holds it against me/defines me by what I said.

One example of this is one time I said I didn’t want to buy hot dogs at a food truck because I felt like I could make a good one at home. I didn’t explicitly say this, but at the time I was trying to save money.

Almost a year later, I said “hey we should get hot dogs at a food truck.” And he was like “whaaydhssjsh but I thought you never wanted to do that because of that one time?!”

Maybe the way I worded it implies that I would never get a hot dog out ever again, but I feel like the average person would be able to figure out that I might want to do it in the future.

Another example: Covid grocery shopping has been really stressful for me. I express this pretty regularly at the store (sometimes I have to step away for a minute or just go to a part of the store that isn’t crowded) but before covid, I didn’t have the levels of anxiety I have now. Now he brings it up like it’s a part of my personality. “Oh she hates shopping at the grocery store.” (But I don’t. I hate covid.)

This doesn’t happen with absolutely everything, but it does happen enough to be an issue. The problem is correcting him later when he decides he knows who I am/defines who I am because I once said “I don’t want to go to the park” but that somehow means I hate the park and would never want to go. “But you NEVER go to the park!?” I kind of feel like I’m never allowed to change my mind without hearing about it.

Do you guys think this is normal? Am I abnormal for expecting him to understand? Am I being the wiener here?

TLDR: my bf assigns me personality traits by taking things I say literally, even when it’s clear imo I’m saying something out of emotion in the moment.



Submitted December 29, 2020 at 01:19PM by anonympushovr https://ift.tt/2L2ksBx
My bf (38 m) takes lots of the things I (30 f) say literally, then seems to define me by them. My bf (38 m) takes lots of the things I (30 f) say literally, then seems to define me by them. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.