Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

My boyfriend's sister spread rumours that I cheated.

Sorry for reposting, I had to edit some words I used.

this has just been bugging me a lot recently and i lost friends over it so i thought i'd ask some strangers what they think I should do about it.

this happened last summer (2019) so please don’t yell at me about travelling during a pandemic.

i (17F) went on a post graduation vacation with my boyfriend (18M) his sister (17F) who is my friend, and our other friends (17 and 18 F/M). everything was going fine but my boyfriend had been kind of distant, but i was hoping the trip would make him happier.

anyway so fast forward to our last night on vacation, i come back from spending a day with my friends at the beach (my boyfriend doesn’t like my friends much so he didn’t come). my friends and i went to meet my boyfriend and his friends at the bar that night, and i walked in on him making out with one of his female friends. i was so humiliated and upset by this i ran out without confronting them. i ran back to our hostel, where my friend (let’s call her Mia) had stayed behind. i told Mia what happened and she was comforting me/hugging me etc.

Some context about my friendship with Mia; we became friends recently since we were in a lot of classes together and studied together sometimes. I also had heard that Mia used to have a crush on me but that was before we became friends and before I started dating my boyfriend. Anyway I was feeling really emotional and my self esteem was crushed after finding out my boyfriend was cheating on me, so I asked Mia if she still liked me and she said she did. I kissed her (and she kissed me back), but just then my boyfriend’s sister came back and she saw us kissing and assumed that I was cheating on her brother. She told everyone and now they all think I’m a terrible person and calling me rude things and I’m so mad because the only people that believe me are Mia and my other best friend.

Obviously my boyfriend lied and pretended that he never kissed that girl but a bunch of people saw him, just conveniently not his sister. TL;DR i kissed someone else right after finding out my boyfriend was cheating, and his sister told everyone that I was the cheater.

i really just don't know what to do and i'm still sad about all of it. Any advice?

EDIT: no we are no longer together. we broke up right after the trip but because of the rumours it made it seem like he dumped me for cheating. my best friend told me that I should mention that my boyfriend had been really manipulative and emotionally abusive to me. I didn’t realise at the time but I’m starting to realise it was true. I wish I had just broken up with him before everything happened.



Submitted December 29, 2020 at 02:01PM by throwtheleaves3 https://ift.tt/3hpeA1q
My boyfriend's sister spread rumours that I cheated. My boyfriend's sister spread rumours that I cheated. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 29, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.