Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

Boyfriend (29 m) of 2 years told me he was poly. I (28 f), am not. Now he says he didn’t mean it.

So two weeks ago my boyfriend of 2 years told me that he was really polyamorous and wanted to date other women in addition to keeping our relationship.

He said that him being poly doesn’t mean he loves me any less and that he saw no reason our relationship would change.

I told him that I was not comfortable with that and I do not want that kind of relationship. I also told him I was really hurt that he just assumed I would be okay with this and that of course it would effect our relationship.

I said if he wanted to go be with other women then there was the door.

He then accused me of “being abusive and stifling his sexuality”

I told him that was bullshit. If he feels he needs to have multiple partners to be happy, he should do that. However, he could no longer have a relationship with me.

He said that he needed more than one woman to sleep with. So we broke up.

Or so I thought.

He showed up at my house a few nights ago, saying that he didn’t mean what he said.

He was just horny/wanted variety, he said that if he had known I would dump him he never would have said anything. He is now saying that he is happy with only me and doesn’t need anyone else.

I told him that is I don’t believe him. He can’t say all that then unring that bell.

He left in tears.

According to his roommate he’s been super depressed and hasn’t eaten since we talked. Our mutual friends say he’s been inconsolable and that I should take him back.

Am I nuts here? Could you trust someone after they said things like that?

TLDR: boyfriend wanted to be poly, I said no. We broke up and now he says he didn’t mean it.

edit thanks everyone for reassuring me that I’m not crazy or a bad person for not taking him back.

Also to all the pro-poly people that keep messaging me, just shove it.

im not saying my ex shouldn’t go try to find a poly relationship, I’m saying that he can’t do it with me.

There is nothing wrong with that and I refuse to be labeled an “abuser” because I want a monogamous relationship



Submitted December 28, 2020 at 11:28AM by throwwwwwwww134 https://ift.tt/3hqFqGq
Boyfriend (29 m) of 2 years told me he was poly. I (28 f), am not. Now he says he didn’t mean it. Boyfriend (29 m) of 2 years told me he was poly. I (28 f), am not. Now he says he didn’t mean it. Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on December 28, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.