Recent Posts

banner image

Recent Posts

3/recent/post-list

I (31M) have unhealthy relationships with my parents. I am not sure if/how I should tell my girlfriend (28F) about this. I intend to propose to my girlfriend

I've been dating a girl for about a year now. I want to marry her and I intend to propose to her over the next 6 months.

I am meeting her parents in a couple of weeks. And she will be meeting my parents in about a month.

I have a very unhealthy relationship with my parents. This is complicated and it's difficult to explain. The facts:

  1. My parents are on the surface very nice people. They seem kind, caring, and loving. My parents make a very positive impression on everyone they meet.
  2. My parents have a very negative view of me. Some of this is justified; some of this is unjustified.
  3. My parents have always been very controlling and manipulative towards me. They have a long history of threatening me to do things I do not want to do by threatening to remove financial support.
  4. My parents have a long history of going behind my back and lying about me, including to a couple close friends of mine as well as my psychiatrist.

I am seriously concerned that my parents will use my girlfriend/future wife against me in the future.

Should I tell my girlfriend about this side of my parents? Why or why not? If yes, should I tell her before or after she meets my parents?

TLDR: I (31M) will be proposing to my girlfriend (28F). I have a very unhealthy relationship with my parents. Should I tell my girlfriend about this?

Edit: I am amazed at all of the responses. And I am very grateful for the advice and help and love. Thank you guys



Submitted July 25, 2020 at 02:27PM by Troy_987 https://ift.tt/39tccCD
I (31M) have unhealthy relationships with my parents. I am not sure if/how I should tell my girlfriend (28F) about this. I intend to propose to my girlfriend I (31M) have unhealthy relationships with my parents. I am not sure if/how I should tell my girlfriend (28F) about this. I intend to propose to my girlfriend Reviewed by KING SAMUEL on July 25, 2020 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.